Monday, January 24, 2011

Brrrr...running in the cold

Happy Monday! For the past few weeks, I have been training for my first 5k and have become one of those "official" Metropark walker/runners- you know where  you  are recognized by the other walkers/runners ;)

Here are a few tips on How to Stay Warm Outdoors:

1. The first is really obvious but surprising a lot of people don't do it- Make sure you Dress in Layers so you can remove them as needed.

2.Wear a hat! It definitely keeps your body heat from escaping.

3. Heat packs- you know those little packets that you slap together and put in your shoes or gloves!

4. Make sure your shoes aren't tight because its restricts your circulation.

How do you stay warm while running in the cold?


XOXO
-J-

2 comments:

  1. I try to run indoors. You outside runners in 10degree weather are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, when I was running in the freezing temps on Sunday I saw some guy with no hat or gloves on. Ridic!
    I wanted to tell him "Dude, it's not about how you look, it's about not losing your ears or fingers"

    ReplyDelete